Friday, August 9, 2013


Série: Les Oiseaux





Les poëtes sont des oiseaux: tout bruit les fait chanter (Poets are like birds: each noise make them sing).
Chateaubriand




Sans l'ironie, le monde serait comme une forêt sans oiseaux (Without irony, the world would be a forest without birds).
Anatole France






These 2 quotes are a perfect illustration of my week. The first one expresses my eagerness for poetry that I try to express in my painting. The second reminds me that my sense of humor might not be understood by everyone.
Here is another bird of my summer series. Wolfe Gallery has several of them, if you are around DeLand,  and there are more to come in many media, shape and sizes in my studios. Come visit and chose one of them to sing in color for you.
This one is called "Smell the Roses" to remind us to slow down sometimes. It is mixed media with collages, acrylic, and ink on a wood box. 10x10 $85

Ces deux citations illustrent parfaitement ma semaine. La première exprime mon attirance pour la poësie que j'espère montrer dans ma peinture. La seconde me rappelle que mon sens de l'humour n'est pas forcément au goût de chacun s'il n'est pas compris.
Voici un autre de mes oiseaux de l'été. La Galerie Wolfe à DeLand en présente plusieurs si vous êtes dans le coin. Et il y en a plusieurs qui ornent mes studios. Venez en choisir un.
Celui-ci, "Prends ton temps" nous rappelle à ralentir parfois. Il est peint sur bois, acrylique, encre et collage  (25cm x 25cm), $85.

No comments:

Post a Comment