Thursday, February 14, 2013

Le PicVert

And then, there was music...


Le PicVert
Mixed media on wood
(12'x12') (30cm x30cm)
$115
















Happy Thursday
Bonjour en ce Jeudi

One project with my fellow artists in our gallery was to paint birds on 20x20 boxes. I loved the project so much that when I started I could not stop. Here is one of eight. They are all very colorful. I chose this one because he often pays me a visit on my morning walks pounding at the trees in search of worms or other food. I do feel sorry for him when he confuses a steel pole for a tree but I love looking at his colors and movements.

A la Galerie, un de nos projets étaient de peindre des oiseaux. Chacun des artistes devaient peindre un oiseau sur un bloc de bois de 50cm sur 50cm. J'ai adoré ce projet au point que une fois commencé, rien ni personne ne pouvait m'arrêter. En voici un des 8 oiseaux que j'ai peint, tous très riches en couleur. J'ai choisi de publier celui-ci parce que tous les matins je le vois et l'entend piquer les troncs à la recherche de vers ou autre insectes. C'est moins amusant quand il confond un pilier de téléphone pour un arbre. Pas le même bruit, mais je peux mieux apprécier ses couleurs.

On wood, I used inks, oil pastels, papers, and acrylics
Sur du bois. J'ai utilisé des encres, du pastel gras, du papier et de la peinture acrylique.

Le PicVert $115 SOLD

4 comments:

  1. This is perhaps my favorite of the ones in this style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rambling color wash and vibrant feel! It is so playful! I'm enjoying your blog very much! xoxo, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors! Are the boxes 3 dimensional?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Jill, they are. Can't believe I answer only now.

    ReplyDelete