Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chaos in Paradise

 

Chaos in Paradise
Mixed Media on canvas
(24'x36') (70cm x 100cm)
$275


















This is the painting I was working on in my studio when the previous picture was taken. It is our palm trees here in Florida when winds are wild. They bend, their leaves blow all over the place but they don't break. Can you hear the noise?
C'est la toile sur laquelle je travaillais dans mon atelier sur la photo précédente. Ce sont nos palmiers en Floride qui plient mais ne se rompent pas quand les vents se déchaînent. Vous entendez ce bruit?

The back of the painting is acrylic worked like watercolor. Trees are collaged. I used masa paper that I previously worked and painted.
La toile est préparée avec de la peinture acrylique travaillée comme l'aquarelle. Les palmiers sont formés avec du papier collé. J'utilise un papier masa que j'avais peint, modelé et déchiré avant.

Until I can have my PayPal account set, contact me directly if you want to buy it.
En attendant que mon compte PayPal soit actualisé, contactez-moi directement si vous voulez l'acquérir.
annemariecolwell@yahoo.com

Chaos in Paradise $275 (shipment not included)


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I do hear the noise. :] I love it, because it's the painting that you're working on in your first photo. Now it's done! Pretty amazing. Good job, Anne-Marie! Keep going!
    Sienna
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, Anne-Marie! I love the painting and the symbolism behind it...as you go about your new life as a full-time artist, be like a palm tree bending this way and that, weathering storms and enjoying cool breezes, but never breaking! I love it!

    ReplyDelete