Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Un point Jaune

Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun.

Certains peintres transforment le soleil en un point jaune; d'autres transforment un point jaune en soleil

Words attributed to                Pablo Picasso            aurait dit cela

C'est l'étéIt is summer

I am not on vacation but the inspiration that is supposed to find me while working (according to the great Pablo) is not reaching me much these days. Lots of thinking, down times. Would it be the heat? Perharps.
That must explain this yellow spot of mine.

Je ne suis pas en vacances mais l'inspiration qui vient en travaillant (d'après ce qu'en aurait dit le grand Pablo) me fait un peu défaut ces jours-ci. Beaucoup de réflexion, de temps morts. La chaleur? peut-être.
Ça doit être la raison pour ce point jaune.

Painted on a wood box with oil pastels.
12"x12"
Peint sur une boîte en bois avec des pastels gras.
30cm x 30cm
$95

2 comments:

  1. I like it. Reminds me more of Van Gogh than Picasso though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to concentrate on your negative spaces in order to achieve a good composition.

    ReplyDelete